January 05, 2008

Playing with the new camera

My mother and my sister combined to give me a nice birthday present this year, and I've been having a great time playing around with my Canon Powershot A560. This is the first digital camera that I've truly owned (that's not a hand-me-down) and though it's not ideal if you want to be a professional, or even take professional looking amateur shots, it still allows some fun pictures - and I can always touch them up using photo software!

With that in mind, I wanted to post a few of the shots I've taken in the past couple of weeks. I've also been posting pics from the past on a cool website called Panoramio. It allows you to map your photos using Google maps, and photos that meet their criteria are linked to Google Earth. It's kind of cool to find some of your photos in Google Earth, where many others can see them. If you want to see some of my Panoramio photos, you can find them here.

Without further ado...some photos from the new camera...


Virgen de Guadalupe in tile keeps our porch blessed



Sunset over the West Mesa in Albuquerque



Green chile stew, posole, fresh tortillas and salad at Frontier Diner



"Indian-head" sign on Central Avenue



Blue-man on downtown mural



Part of Route 66 mural



More of the Route 66 mural. Notice how the vent was made into the airplane propellor!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home